Used Dump Trailer

January 5, 2011

People squatting on the property I rent in California.?

Filed under: Info — Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , — kktrax @ 12:24 pm

So I am renting a house on a property with 3 units, 1 house in the back and a duplex in the front. And in the basement of the duplex is a squatter and her friends. Problem is the squatter is the landlord (slumlord)’s daughter and she is a known meth addict, and he is not really doing much to get rid of her, even though all the real tenants on the property are complaining to him about this. I have called the police and made reports about her and I have talked to my landlord about his daughter and now have even resorted to taking pictures of the things going on there.. My house has had mail stolen and there is always creepy people hanging around my property. Unfortunately in California if a squatter takes up residency in a building for more then 30 days they are a legal tenant and in order to get rid of them they have to be evicted like any tenant that pays rent. But like I said my landlord is not really doing anything about it.
I just went outside to put the garbage out and in the street right now is one of the squatters tweaker friends working on a truck and trailer in the street and I am just plain tired of this. I just called the police again to report this guy working on the car and they said they would come by because in the county I live in you cant work on cars in the street.

Now I am just plain tired of this crap, they bring loads of trash around and do bad things. In the basement they are squatting there is no bath room or shower, which means they are using a bucket to go to the bathroom which means there is human waste being dumped somewhere on the property. Can someone please tell me if there is anything I can do about this! I am fed up!
sadly this is nothing new for the police in my city! It is after all a very crime ridden city. I called the police about half an hour ago and asked them to call me when they come, but i have no heard anything back yet. this sucks

More Dump Trailer Resources


  1. Since this is a health problem, the best way to address it is to call the local health department and state the above and police reports filed.
    Since it is a health matter it is civil in nature not criminal.
    see California codes 5460 through 5464 especially 63 which states quite specifically about toilets, water, sewer systems, leakages etc.
    Also 314-318.6 addresses LEWDNESS
    675 (a) reentry for parole violators (bet she has a drug past)

    Comment by ahsoasho2u2 — January 5, 2011 @ 12:25 pm

  2. You may need to do a bit of continued research on your state and local laws related to tenant/landlord rights. Hopefully you can find something that you can use to your advantage. While I feel for your situation, I think you are starting to do the best thing that you can do in contact the police with every POLICE RELATED issue. I stress police related because you don’t want to contact them over and over about something they cannot help you with. Also, continue to file complaints with your landlord and keep copies for yourself if you ever need to attend court in relation to something in this situation.

    Good Luck!

    Comment by PoliceOfficer — January 5, 2011 @ 12:25 pm

  3. Call your local cops…they would love to see something like this

    Comment by Your Alter EGO — January 5, 2011 @ 12:25 pm

  4. Don’t forget the department of health..And I’m assuming you don’t want to move..

    Comment by Bill K — January 5, 2011 @ 12:25 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL

Leave a comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Powered by WordPress